Measuring Our Progress
Environmental Awards and Recognition
Boeing received environmental awards and recognition from a number of local, national and international organizations in 2009. These included:
- Boeing named the best performing industrial company in the 2009 Carbon Disclosure Project and named to the 2009 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index, which ranks corporations for transparency around reporting climate-change risks and actions to improve environmental performance.
- Jane's Air Traffic Control Global Award in the Industry category for the development of the innovative Air Traffic Management concept of Tailored Arrivals, which reduce fuel burn, emissions and noise.
- Utah Green Business achievement award.
- Southern California Edison award for excellence in energy efficiency.
- The California Manufacturers and Technology Association recognized Boeing for efforts to encourage environmental employee involvement.
- U.S. Department of Energy/EPA ENERGY STAR designation for Boeing’s buildings in Houston and Long Beach, Calif.
- Clean Texas Program recognition for Boeing’s facility in El Paso.
- Green Business of the Year award from the city of Kent, Wash.
- Clean Air Award from the city of Wichita, Kan.
- Air Pollution Control Achievement Awards from the city of Huntsville, Ala.
- Phoenix Clean Air Campaign Award.
- Local water quality awards presented by water treatment districts in multiple locations including El Paso, Texas; Everett, Wash.; Portland, Ore.; Renton, Wash., Seattle, Wash.; St. Charles and St. Louis, Mo.; and Wichita, Kan.