Measuring Our Progress
Environmental Awards and Recognition
Photo: Boeing Photo
Boeing received environmental awards and recognition from a number of local, national and international organizations in 2010. These included the following:
- Carbon Disclosure Project: Boeing listed on both the S&P 500 and Global 500 Leadership Indexes.
- ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Corporate Energy Management award by the Association of Energy Engineers.
- Chief of Naval Operations and Secretary of the Navy awards for team Environmental Excellence for the F/A-18E/F and EA-18G programs.
- Waste Reduction Award from the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery in El Segundo, Calif.
- Air Pollution Control Achievement and Clay Durrett Air Quality Stewardship awards from the city of Huntsville, Ala.
- METRO Rideshare Diamond Award for an innovative rideshare program in El Segundo, Calif.
- Local water quality awards presented by water treatment districts in multiple locations including El Paso, Texas, Kent, Wash., Long Beach, Calif., Portland, Ore., Renton, Wash., Torrance, Calif., and Wichita, Kan.
"Boeing's robust energy management program is a national model. Effective energy management not only helps the bottom line, but it also is our most cost-effective climate strategy."
— Elizabeth Craig, acting director of EPA's Office of Atmospheric Programs