Nurturing and harnessing local know-how and creativity through partnering is pivotal to broadening Boeing offerings
Around the world, Boeing is developing partnerships that benefit its customers and business partners as well as local economies. As a result, the company is strengthened by growing sales and by tapping the best technologies the world has to offer. International sales is driving company revenues with approximately 65 percent of total backlog represented by international customers. Nearly 70 percent of Boeing Commercial Airplanes' revenue historically comes from customers from outside the United States, including many from emerging markets. International sales are rapidly increasing as a portion of Boeing Defense, Space & Security's total revenue.
Doing business in today's global economy also means partnering for mutual growth and prosperity, within each country, with local suppliers, universities, research talent, and charitable institutions. Boeing International is focused on growing a meaningful, mutually beneficial global presence.
Global Reach - Local Focus
- The Boeing supplier network includes approximately 21,000 suppliers and partners
- Boeing has six research & development centers, 16 consortia and 22 joint research centers
- Boeing has relationships with more than 50 international universities
- Boeing employees volunteer around the world to support many charitable endeavors
- More than 660 charitable grants of $40 million distributed outside of the United States
At a Glance: Boeing's Global Presence