How Others View Boeing
Boeing is extremely proud of the recognition and citations we have earned as an employer. Among them:
- Readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering & IT Professionals named Boeing a top employer in the United States.
- Readers of Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology recognized Boeing as a Best Diversity Company.
- Readers of Woman Engineer magazine ranked Boeing No. 2 among the top companies in the United States for which they would most prefer to work.
- Readers of Minority Engineer ranked Boeing No. 4 among companies in the United States for which they would most like to work.
- Readers of Careers & the DisABLED magazine ranked Boeing No. 4 among the top companies in the United States for providing a progressive environment for people with physical or mental impairments.
- Boeing was the top company for "Valuing the Individual" – a measure, among other attributes, of diversity of the workplace and investment in employee learning/development – in Aviation Week's 2011 Workforce Study.
- Boeing was honored with the inaugural Workplace Equality Innovation Award from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in 2009 in recognition of the company's transgender transition guidelines.
- Boeing has been recognized as a "Best for Vets Employer" by Military Times magazine.
In addition, many Boeing employees, managers and executives have been honored with individual awards from professional associations, including:
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society awards (AISES)
- Asian American Engineer of the Year awards (AAEOY)
- Black Engineer of the Year awards (BEYA)
- Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference (HENAAC)
- National Society of Black Engineers awards (NSBE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Women of Color in Technology