Airplane Health Management
Diagnose Your Fleet
Managing information to improve operational decision-making
Boeing Airplane Health Management (AHM) provides timely identification and diagnosis of airplane system issues, which improves performance and operational efficiency. A maintenance decision support capability provided through MyBoeingFleet.com, Airplane Health Management uses real-time airplane data to provide enhanced fault forwarding, troubleshooting, and historical fix information to reduce schedule interruptions and increase maintenance and operational efficiency. It delivers valuable information when and where it's needed.
AHM integrates the remote collection, monitoring and analysis of airplane data to determine the status of an airplane's current and future serviceability or performance. It converts the data into information that can be used to make the operational (or "fix-or-fly") decisions that can make the difference between profit and loss.
Airplane Health Management is part of the Boeing commitment to give customers in the aerospace industry the lifecycle solutions they need to improve profitability and enhance operational performance.
- AHM Real-Time Fault Management. With the airplane still in route, in-flight faults are communicated to the ground and diagnosed, allowing the operator to make real-time operational decisions regarding maintenance and quickly deploy the necessary people, parts, and equipment to mitigate the issue.
- Custom Alerting and Analysis. AHM provides customer-specific monitoring and alerting of any data transmitted from the airplane to address developing airplane system issues. AHM automatically monitors, collects, and transmits service levels using the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) through the installed Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS). This includes tire pressure, oxygen pressure, hydraulic fluid, auxiliary power unit (APU), and engine oil levels. Consumption trends are tracked to facilitate maintenance planning, calculate optimal service intervals, or provide supplemental information to an extended operations (ETOPS) program.
- Fuel Performance Monitoring. To support airplane fuel efficiency initiatives and optimize flight planning, AHM analyzes and trends airplane cruise performance data. This includes prioritized information regarding fuel efficiency, emission levels, and other performance factors.
Airplane Health Management provides a single source of information from which airlines can make maintenance decisions and identify trends to support long-term fleet reliability programs. It improves an airline's operational decision-making and saves airlines money by reducing schedule interruptions. AHM:
- Trims the number of delays by sending data in real time from the air to the ground so that repair teams can begin work on a solution before the airplane lands
- Shortens delays by allowing airlines to begin solving problems sooner
- Provides enhanced first-time fix effectiveness
- Converts some maintenance tasks from unscheduled to scheduled
- Allows airlines to forecast and fix problems before they result in failure
- Enables optimal flight planning Increases fuel mileage
For more information, please contact: