Electronic Flight Bag Solutions
Bringing Computer Information Delivery to the Flight
Manages information in the air and on the ground
The Boeing Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) improves operational performance by bringing the technological advances of computer information delivery and management to the airplane flight deck, and by providing integrated solutions for managing information in the air and on the ground throughout the lifecycle of the airplane.
The EFB is a software and data services solution designed for multiple hardware platforms. It offers airlines advanced information management and delivers more accurate performance calculations, creating significant time and cost savings while increasing safety and streamlining the management of flight information.
Boeing offers a complete suite of EFB options from Class 1 to Class 3. Boeing's Class 3 EFB is the only fully certified, integrated avionics EFB package in commercial service today. Boeing leverages this experience to bring integrated Class 1 and Class 2 EFB solutions to the market with the advantage of common application software packages and ground support software.
EFB capabilities include electronic charts and documents, aircraft performance calculations, accurate taxi maps for airplane moving map functions, and much more. The suite offered by Boeing allows the flexibility to choose the EFB that is right for each airplane, while keeping data and capabilities consistent across the fleet.
- Onboard Performance Tool (OPT) - OPT allows flight crews and ground personnel to perform real-time calculations based on current weather and runway conditions, while adhering to company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Electronic Document Browser (EDB) - The EDB software application gives pilots a quick and efficient tool for identifying the documents they need and pinpointing information when it is needed, all in an electronic format.
- Electronic Flight Folder (EFF) - The EFF enables the transmission of electronic day-of-flight information, such as flight plans and weather, to the Electronic Flight Bag, thereby improving flight crew operational effectiveness and reducing paper handling.
- Electronic Logbook (ELB) - The ELB replaces paper logbooks with computer-based logs that can be easily stored and shared.
- Jeppesen Electronic Charts (e-Charts) - The Jeppesen electronic terminal charts for the EFB provide rapid access to current flight-critical navigation information, while reducing and eventually eliminating the need for paper charts.
- Jeppesen Airport Moving Map (AMM) - The Jeppesen Airport Moving Map application helps orient the flight crew to the aircraft's position on the ground in relation to runways, taxiways, and airport structures, without reference to paper charts.
- Jeppesen Data Distribution and Management (DDM) - The Data Distribution and Management system ensures that required data is delivered according to mutually agreed upon specifications.
For more information, please contact: