Aerodynamics, Noise & Propulsion
For the highest confidence in your test results, Boeing Aerodynamics, Noise & Propulsion facilities accommodate a wide variety of test articles, including full-scale components and products, as well as scale models. Our specialized laboratories include wind tunnel, noise test, nozzle test, and fuel- and firesystems test facilities. Our multi-disciplinary technical personnel can bring the test capability to you for on-site measurements and field testing.
We provide end-to-end, full-service test capabilities and can help you design your testing program -- from choosing the right facility and equipment to developing test procedures, collecting data, and analyzing results.
Testing capabilities include:
Mobile Test Services
- Airplane interior noise measurement
- FAA noise certification
- Airport ramp noise measurement
- Phased array microphone systems
- Fire extinguishing system certification
Other Test Services
- Experimental hardware design and fabrication (including wind tunnel models)
- Flow visualization
- Flow field surveys
- Pressure-sensitive paint technology