Transonic Wind Tunnel
The Boeing Transonic Wind Tunnel delivers continuous flow from Mach 0.3 up to Mach 1.1.
- Test section: 8 ft by 12 ft with 2 ft corner fillets (14.5 ft long)
- Dynamic pressure range: 0 to 840 lb/ft
- Stagnation temperature (TT) controllable 80°F to 130°F. Nominal is 100°F
- Dew point is controllable. +3°F or lower
- Reynolds Number varies with Mach. 4.386 million/ft at M=1.1 and TT=100°F
- Sting, swept strut, plate, and floor mountings
- Internal and external balances
- Electronic pressure scanning up to 1536 ports and an inventory of EPS modules of appropriate load capacity
- Qualitative and quantitative flow imaging tools
- An airflow calibration facility is available for calibration of ducts, flow-thru nacelles, and powered nacelles
To join the many companies using testing resources available at The Boeing Company, contact the Boeing Technology Services Marketing Manager at 206-662-1478, request a quote online, or e-mail us for more information about our test capabilities.