Theory of Change: If we provide lifelong arts and cultural experiences, individuals will develop an appreciation for different perspectives, deepen their critical and creative thinking, and be better prepared to excel in work and life.
Program Goal: Engage communities to participate in arts and cultural experiences in order to broaden their perspectives, nurture creativity, and produce a multi-disciplinary workforce prepared to solve complex issues.
The Boeing Company's arts investments foster creative expression, celebrate diverse cultures, stimulate civic dialogue, and strengthen communities. Boeing makes investments to advance the work of professional arts and culture organizations in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties.
Boeing's Arts & Culture investments:
- Engage young people in innovative, interactive, and sequential arts education programs based on best practices;
- Support the creation and presentation of risk-taking newer artistic works;
- Serve as change capital to help organizations test new business models or ventures that may yield new revenue lines; and
- Foster systems change and deep impact in the arts nonprofit sector, including professional development and training, research, and collaborative initiatives that respond to field conditions.
Huong Vu, Community Investor, Arts, Culture, and Civic
To apply for a project grant, please follow the following steps:
- Determine that your agency meets the eligibility and exclusions guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project and its alignment to Boeing's local strategies.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be asked to submit an online letter of inquiry (LOI) in Cybergrants.
- Your LOI will be evaluated through our early gate review process.
- If the LOI is approved, you will be given an invitation code and invited to submit a full grant proposal in Cybergrants.
Boeing's grantmaking process is currently closed. Please check back late-March 2014 for our new grantmaking priorities and timeline.
Boeing does not make contributions to capital campaigns.