Theory of Change: If individuals assume leadership roles and/or engage in civic discourse within communities, then they will be better informed and take actions to benefit their community. This will result in cross-cultural communication and understanding of local, regional, and global cultures, perspectives and issues.
Program Goal: Increase public understanding and engagement in the processes and issues that affect our communities; develop current and future leaders to build better communities.
Boeing creates strong and thriving communities in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties. We strengthen social capital by supporting programs that engage people in deep, sustained levels of civic engagement, and reach out to diverse and underserved audiences.
Boeing invests in programs that:
- Inform and educate citizens about relevant and timely topics affecting the Puget Sound area and/or prompt them to action and service; and
- Advance regional adult leadership development to expand the pool of informed and effective leaders who are prepared to take action to resolve issues facing the region.
Huong Vu, Community Investor, Arts, Culture, and Civic
To apply for a project grant, please follow the following steps:
- Determine that your agency meets the eligibility and exclusions guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project and its alignment to Boeing's local strategies.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be asked to submit an online letter of inquiry (LOI) in Cybergrants.
- Your LOI will be evaluated through our early gate review process for alignment, readiness, viability, measureable outcomes and broad impact.
- If the LOI is approved, you will be given an invitation code and invited to submit a full grant proposal in Cybergrants.
|April 1 – July 31, 2014
||Nonprofits contact community investors to discuss projects
LOIs accepted in CyberGrants on a rolling basis
LOIs reviewed through early gate review process
|April 1 – August 31, 2014
||Full proposals accepted in CyberGrants on a rolling basis
Community investors conduct due diligence
|October 31, 2014
For ease and efficiency, all grant Boeing payments will be made electronically via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If you are not yet set up, your community investor will provide instructions on how you can set up for EFT payment.
Boeing does not make contributions to capital campaigns.