Theory of Change: If individuals assume leadership roles and/or engage in civic discourse within communities, then they will be better informed and take actions to benefit their community. This will result in cross-cultural communication and understanding of local, regional, and global cultures, perspectives and issues.
Program Goal: Increase public understanding and engagement in the processes and issues that affect our communities; develop current and future leaders to build better communities.
Boeing creates strong and thriving communities in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties. We strengthen social capital by supporting programs that engage people in deep, sustained levels of civic engagement, and reach out to diverse and underserved audiences.
Boeing invests in programs that:
- Inform and educate citizens about relevant and timely topics affecting the Puget Sound area and/or prompt them to action and service; and
- Advance regional adult leadership development to expand the pool of informed and effective leaders who are prepared to take action to resolve issues facing the region.
Huong Vu, Community Investor, Arts, Culture, and Civic
email@example.com or 206-304-4313
To apply for a project grant, please follow the following steps:
- Determine that your agency meets the eligibility and exclusions guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project and its alignment to Boeing's local strategies.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be asked to submit an online letter of inquiry (LOI) in Cybergrants.
- Your LOI will be evaluated through our early gate review process.
- If the LOI is approved, you will be given an invitation code and invited to submit a full grant proposal in Cybergrants.
Boeing's grantmaking takes place from March to October 2013.
- LOIs are solicited from March to July 2013.
- Full grant proposals are solicited from April to September 2013.
- All grant decisions are made by October 25, 2013.
Boeing does not make contributions to capital campaigns.