Theory of Change: If we advance the cognitive, social, emotional and physical capacities of children from birth through age five by providing professional educational tools/resources to their earliest teachers and educating parents and caregivers, then children will engage in lifelong learning and succeed in school and in life.
Program Goal: Support system improvements in early care and education programs that will ensure the delivery of and access to quality early learning opportunities for all children from birth to age five.
Working together to accomplish tasks and creating effective learning habits are skills that serve people well from the earliest days of school and throughout a career. That's why Boeing's support for lifelong learning efforts includes programs that help children well before they set foot in a classroom, especially underserved populations. Children who start off on the right foot in the early years of school are more likely to succeed in their lives and careers.
To build a high-quality statewide early learning system that nurtures social, emotional and cognitive development, Boeing invests in:
- Evidence-based programs that increase parent, caregiver and childcare provider understanding of early childhood development;
- School readiness approaches that promote collaboration between public agencies, school districts and early learning programs.
Boeing makes investments to early learning nonprofits in King, Pierce, and Snohomish County.
Sam Whiting, Community Investor, Education
To apply for a project grant, please follow the following steps:
- Determine that your agency meets the eligibility and exclusions guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project and its alignment to Boeing's local strategies.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be asked to submit an online letter of inquiry (LOI) in Cybergrants.
- Your LOI will be evaluated through our early gate review process.
- If the LOI is approved, you will be given an invitation code and invited to submit a full grant proposal in Cybergrants.
Boeing's grantmaking process is currently closed. Please check back late-March 2014 for our new grantmaking priorities and timeline.
Boeing does not make contributions to capital campaigns.