Theory of Change: If a student attends schools with strong school leadership, well-prepared teachers and mentors, and engaging curriculum, and is supported by informed and engaged parents and caregivers, then that student will be prepared to participate successfully in the workforce and contribute to their community as an individual and citizen.
Program Goal: Build capacity and align educational systems by focusing on the development of school leadership, teachers, programs and curricula that advance students' capacity for lifelong learning and their overall educational outcomes, especially in subjects that can prepare them for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) careers.
Boeing's primary competitive advantage is -- and always will be -- our people. We need a world-class public education system to ensure that the children of our communities have the skills they need to participate in the exciting work that we do. With a focus on education reform and real-world learning, we can close the skills gap, ensure continued innovation and jobs creation, and develop a workforce suited for the challenges of a global economy.
To improve and align systems that advance students' skills and ensure their future success, we invest in:
- Partnerships that strengthen STEM pathways for underserved students by implementing evidence-based curriculum and high-quality teacher professional development;
- Efforts to improve educational environments for all students and promote excellent instruction through evidence-based practices and strong school leadership.
Boeing makes investments to primary and secondary education nonprofits in King, Pierce, and Snohomish County.
Sam Whiting, Community Investor, Education
To apply for a project grant, please follow the following steps:
- Determine that your agency meets the eligibility and exclusions guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project and its alignment to Boeing's local strategies.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be asked to submit an online letter of inquiry (LOI) in Cybergrants.
- Your LOI will be evaluated through our early gate review process.
- If the LOI is approved, you will be given an invitation code and invited to submit a full grant proposal in Cybergrants.
Boeing's grantmaking process is currently closed. Please check back late-March 2014 for our new grantmaking priorities and timeline.
Boeing does not make contributions to capital campaigns.