Theory of Change: If we engage communities in understanding the importance of environmental protection and preservation, then together we will take the necessary steps toward reducing our impact on climate change and the environment, working together to ensure a sustainable future.
Program Goal: Educate and engage communities about the importance of taking action to reduce their impacts on the environment and climate change.
The Boeing Company recognizes the benefits of healthy sustainable communities through environmental awareness and engagement. We foster individual and collective impact towards reduction of all natural resources and the protection and preservation of our lands.
Boeing invests in programs that:
- Provide hands-on and progressive educational experiences that promote environmental stewardship;
- Reduce greenhouse-gas emissions through vibrant and compact communities, regional transportation solutions, and large scale renewable energy models; and
- Protect and restore Puget Sound and the watersheds that filter into it with a focus on storm water management.
Shyla Miller, Community Investor, Environment
firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-851-1391
To apply for a project grant, please follow the following steps:
- Determine that your agency meets the eligibility and exclusions guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project and its alignment to Boeing's local strategies.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be asked to submit an online letter of inquiry (LOI) in Cybergrants.
- Your LOI will be evaluated through our early gate review process.
- If the LOI is approved, you will be given an invitation code and invited to submit a full grant proposal in Cybergrants.
Boeing's grantmaking takes place from March to October 2013.
- LOIs are solicited from March to July 2013.
- Full grant proposals are solicited from April to September 2013.
- All grant decisions are made by October 25, 2013.
Boeing does not make contributions to capital campaigns.