Theory of Change: If we engage communities in understanding the importance of environmental protection and preservation, then together we will take the necessary steps toward reducing our impact on climate change and the environment, working together to ensure a sustainable future.
The Boeing Company recognizes the benefits of healthy sustainable communities through environmental awareness and engagement. We foster individual and collective impact towards reduction of all natural resources and the protection and preservation of our lands.
- Environmental stewardship through leadership development that encompassing hands-on and progressive experiences and a call to action.
- Reduce greenhouse-gas emissions through vibrant and compact communities, regional transportation solutions, and large scale renewable energy models; and
- Protect and restore the Puget Sound, including the watersheds from mountains to the sound that are part of this connected system, with a specific focus on the natural habitat and green infrastructure.
Boeing makes investments to environment nonprofits in King, Pierce, and Snohomish County.
Shyla Miller, Community Investor, Environment
To apply for a project grant, please follow the following steps:
- Determine that your agency meets the eligibility and exclusions guidelines.
- Contact your local community investor to discuss a proposed project and its alignment to Boeing's local strategies.
- If your community investor determines that your project aligns to Boeing's local strategies, you may be asked to submit an online letter of inquiry (LOI) in Cybergrants.
- Your LOI will be evaluated through our early gate review process for alignment, readiness, viability, measureable outcomes and broad impact.
- If the LOI is approved, you will be given an invitation code and invited to submit a full grant proposal in Cybergrants.
|April 1 – July 31, 2014
||Nonprofits contact community investors to discuss projects
LOIs accepted in CyberGrants on a rolling basis
LOIs reviewed through early gate review process
|April 1 – August 31, 2014
||Full proposals accepted in CyberGrants on a rolling basis
Community investors conduct due diligence
|October 31, 2014
For ease and efficiency, all grant Boeing payments will be made electronically via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). If you are not yet set up, your community investor will provide instructions on how you can set up for EFT payment.
Boeing does not make contributions to capital campaigns.