Participants not living in the state of Washington
If you currently have a valid Power of Attorney, Guardianship, or Conservatorship, the documentation must be reviewed and approved before access will be granted to your "agent". The documentation must indicate what authority has been given to the "agent" with respect to your Boeing benefits including the authority to change your address.
Boeing will only accept the following types of documentation:
- Durable Power of Attorney
- General Power of Attorney
- Financial Power of Attorney
Boeing will not accept:
- Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- Trust Documents
- Authorization to Release Information
Things to Know:
Processing time can take 10 to 15 days. Some things you can do to ensure your request is approved in a timely manner:
- Review the document you are submitting to verify when it is effective. The document may state that in order to become effective, the Participant must be incapacitated. The document will provide the requirements for proof of incapacitation. Usually one or more letters are needed from a physician to prove incapacitation. If that is the case, Boeing will need a copy of the physician statement(s).
- If the Primary Attorney In Fact is deceased, please provide a copy of the death certificate.
- If the Alternate Attorney In Fact is replacing the Primary there will be additional documentation required. Please review the document you are submitting to see the specific requirements. For example it may require a letter from Primary relinquishing authority or a letter of Revocation of Authority
- Once the document has been approved, the name of the acting individual will be placed on the address of the participant
To Submit Documents:
Please include the following:
- POA Cover Sheet – you can either print the FAX cover sheet or you can create a cover sheet with the following information:
- To: Boeing HR Operations
- From: Requestors Name
Requestors contact information (phone number and/or address
- Regarding: Participant's Name
Participant's BEMS ID or the last four digits of Social Security Number
- Complete Document – include all pages and any supporting documentation
- Address Change Form (if necessary) –
Boeing requires a separate form for home address changes. This form can be found at www.boeing.com/addresschange
- Upon completion, the form should be submitted with your POA/Guardianship/Conservatorship documentation to Boeing HR Operations at the address above. Boeing can only retain one address on file. If the Participant's state of residence is changed, you need to be aware that all correspondence will be sent to this updated address and all future benefits and taxation will be based on this updated address. For Participants that carry health insurance through Boeing, changing the address to another state could alter their benefits. Pension taxation could also be impacted.
Submit Documentation To:
Or Mail: The Boeing Company
HR Operations, M/C S034 1380
P.O. Box 516
St. Louis, MO 63166-0516