Once operational, FAB-T will provide the nation's senior civilian and military leadership with protected wideband information exchange necessary to achieve information superiority in the command and control of strategic forces. FAB-T's capabilities will include Presidential and National Voice Conferencing (PNVC), a worldwide, survivable, satellite-based capability used by the president, secretary of defense, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other senior U.S. national and military leaders for secure communications.
The terminals will provide Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) satellite connectivity for the B-2, B-52 and RC-135 aircraft. The program also develops the replacements to the existing Command Post Terminals both in ground fixed and ground transportable configurations as well as airborne on the E-4B and E-6 aircraft. FAB-T will also provide backward compatibility to the legacy MILSTAR EHF satellites, and will relay the commands to control spacecraft payloads on both the AEHF and Milstar satellite constellations.
FAB-T features an open system architecture that is extensible to future networked, broadband communications capabilities.
- FAB-T provides modern, secure, strategic communications among the National Command Authority and deployed forces.
- FAB-T is a net-ready, interoperable communications system established upon industrial-based open interfaces and is designed to grow and expand as platforms change.
- FAB-T provides multiple channels to enable simultaneous links via various beyond line-of-sight capabilities.
- FAB-T is programmable and reconfigurable, allowing high-data-rate communications to be customized by the warfighter in the theater.
- FAB-T provides the framework for the highest data exchange rates available, providing communications on the move.
- The Boeing FAB-T team's extensive platform integration expertise provides strong, coherent and comprehensive implementation of FAB-T as an essential node on the network.
For more information, read the FAB-T (PDF) overview.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading PDF files, it is available for free from Adobe.