The F-15E Strike Eagle is a superior next generation multi-role strike fighter that is available today. Its unparalleled range, persistence and weapons load make it the backbone of the U.S. Air Force (USAF). A complement of the latest advanced avionics systems gives the Strike Eagle the capability to perform air-to-air or air-to-surface missions at all altitudes, day or night, in any weather.
A derivative of earlier F-15 model aircraft (A-D), the F-15E Strike Eagle includes the following attributes:
- Unmatched combat radius and persistence
- Advanced digital electronic controlled higher thrust engines
- Max speed greater than twice the speed of sound
- More than 23,000 pounds of payload, including air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons such as the:
- the Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM)
- the AGM-130
- the Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM)
- An Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar
- A digital threat warning system
- A Service life that will allow it to be viable until at least 2035
The F-15E is produced by Boeing and will be in the U.S. Air Force (USAF) inventory well into the 21st century.
For more information, read the F-15E Strike Eagle (PDF) overview.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading PDF files, it is available for free from Acrobat.