Boeing's commercial Joint Recovery and Distribution System (JRaDS) family of trailers is a revolutionary cargo-handling system that combines two very distinct operational capabilities: cargo distribution and vehicle recovery. JRaDS offers a variety of cargo-handling and vehicle recovery capabilities based on its unique construction and patented technology that reduces dependency on material handling equipment (MHE), and also reduces cargo handling time.
The commercial JRaDS trailer uses a unique system of hydraulic lifts, rollers, and winches to quickly and efficiently load, offload, and transfer cargo. The trailer deck can be lowered, raised, and tilted to transfer cargo to and from the ground, align with loading docks and aircraft cargo ramps, or recover disabled vehicles.
The JRaDS family of trailers:
- Works in adverse weather conditions
- Integrates with a wide variety of cargo transportation equipment including trucks, trailers, and cargo aircraft
- Speeds upload and off-load times
- Performs the work of several types of equipment in one versatile system
- Accommodates a variety of cargo configurations
- Carries loads up to 80,000 pounds on paved and off-road routes
- Loads and transports large disabled vehicles including construction equipment
JRaDS direct delivery trailers are offered in pintle hook and fifth wheel towing configurations. Trailer deck lengths of 20, 35, and 40 feet are available and cargo capacities vary from 36,000 lbs. to 80,000 lbs. The JRaDS trailers are designed to handle a wide variety of items, such as: ISO containers, warehouse pallets, military pallets (463L pallets), Container Roll Out Platforms (CROP's), Flatracks, heavy vehicles, and rotary aircraft.
Integrated options available for JRaDS include: winches, cranes, generators, and welders.
JRaDS product cards
For additional information, contact:
Douglas Stuart, Ph.D.
JRaDS Program Manager