Be prepared for life during and after your career through Boeing’s top-ranked 401(k) retirement plan, as well as financial well-being programs, tax-advantaged accounts and insurance options.
Boeing helps employees prepare for their future through a market-leading retirement benefit program.
- Automatic company contributions: Most employees receive automatic employer 401(k) contributions—no matter how much they contribute.
- Matching contributions: On top of automatic contributions, Boeing matches a portion of most employees’ 401(k) contributions to help grow their savings even more.
- Automatic vesting: Employees are 100 percent vested in their savings and the company’s contributions at all times.
- Flexible investment options: 401(k) participants have access to a variety of investment funds that they can use to diversify their account.
- Financial well-being programs: All 401(k) plan participants have access to retirement and financial planning at no additional cost.
The elements of Boeing’s retirement benefits vary based on hire date. For union-represented employees, benefits vary based on the terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Boeing employees can make tax-free contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to help cover eligible expenses.
- The HSA (available for high-deductible health care plan enrollees) can be used for certain medical expenses, is portable and your unused funds roll over each year. Many employees receive an annual company contribution to the HSA.
- Two FSAs are available: A Health Care FSA, which can be used for certain medical and health-related costs, and a Dependent Care FSA, which can be used to cover eligible child and elder care costs.
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
To protect employees and their families in the event of death or serious injury, Boeing provides life insurance, AD&D and business-travel accident insurance. Some employees have the option to purchase additional life insurance and AD&D insurance. For union-represented employees, life and AD&D insurance benefits vary based on the terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Nonunion employees automatically receive short-term and long-term disability insurance and have the option to purchase additional long-term disability insurance. For union-represented employees, short-term and long-term disability benefits vary based on the terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Coming Soon: Student Debt Resources
Beginning later this year, the company will introduce tools and services to help employees manage student loans, optimize repayment strategies and provide unbiased refinancing information.