|We’re thrilled to be bringing back AERO magazine to you, our valued customers. Reintroducing AERO magazine is the direct result of a customer support survey conducted by Boeing last year. In that survey, you told us how much you valued information from and communication with Boeing.|
We continually communicate with operators through such vehicles as technical meetings, service letters, and service bulletins. This assists you in addressing regulatory requirements and evolving industry specifications. Our goal for AERO magazine is to provide supplemental technical information that helps you operate your Boeing fleets efficiently and increases your awareness of Boeing products and services.
AERO magazine is being published quarterly and distributed at no cost to operators of Boeing commercial airplanes.
Each issue will offer articles that promote the continuous safe and efficient operation of the 12,000-plus Boeing airplanes currently in-service. Our first issue features articles on cruise performance monitoring, enhanced service bulletins, 787 maintenance by design, and maintenance program improvements.
We hope you enjoy AERO magazine and invite you to send us your comments or suggestions for future articles.
In addition to bringing back our customer publication, we also have been taking other actions in response to what you told us in the 2005 customer support survey. We have:
- Opened an Operations Center to improve our response time and communication with you in urgent situations.
- Expanded part inventories at our distribution centers in Dubai, London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Singapore, and the United States.
- Increased our global training center locations to better meet local needs.
- Established a customer council with airline executives to review Material Management practices.
- Created first-officer training solutions that help airlines meet the increasing demand for pilots.
- Revised our process metrics to better reflect how your business is affected by our day-to-day operations.
- Embarked on an ambitious effort to improve our suppliers’ on-time performance and support.
- Increased the finished quality of maintenance documentation.
Our focus is on speed, ease, and attitude — responding quickly to your needs, making it easy for you to do business with Boeing, and having a “can-do” attitude when we resolve your issues.
We look forward to our continued partnership in flight.
Vice President and General Manager
Boeing Commercial Aviation Services