See AIP Germany for details.
1. Flying Restrictions
Dresden Airport serves traffic with aero planes, rotorcraft, powered gliders and aerodynamically piloted ultra-light aero planes. Other aircraft may use the airport with the consent of the airport operator.
1.2 Restrictions at night
During legal summer time deduct 1 hour from the times stated below)
From 2100-0500, flight operations at Dresden Airport
will be restricted to ensure quiet during the night. Aircraft
movements between 2100-0500 are permitted only as follows
(the times given are take-off and landing times, resp.):
1.2.1 Scheduled take-offs and landings of air carriers of commercial
airline traffic and non-scheduled air traffic (with the exception
of air taxi traffic) from 2100-2230 and from 0430-0500.
1.2.2 Delayed landings and takeoffs from 2230-2300
if the scheduled arrival or departure time at or from Dresden
Airport is before 2230 and the arrival or departure is
carried out before 2300 (2200); premature landings from 0400-0430
if the scheduled time of arrival is after 0430.
1.2.3 Flights of air carriers whose aircraft are mainly serviced
at Dresden Airport and who carry out flights of scheduled airline
traffic or non-scheduled air traffic at Dresden Airport, for the
purpose of servicing /repairs, as well as ferry flights/allocation
flights of these air carriers, from 2100-2230 and
1.2.4 Training and exercise flights on workdays from 2100-2200
if they are necessary according to regulations governing
aviation legislation concerning the acquisition, extension or
renewal of authorization or rating as a pilot during night hours,
if the flights cannot be terminated prior to 2100 and the
aeronautical authority has give prior permission.
1.3 The restrictions in Para 1.2 do not apply to:
- flights on aid missions in cases of emergency and catastrophe
- flights which are absolutely necessary to provide medical aid
and for humanitarian purposes
- landings for meteorological, technical and other reasons of
- calibration flights by Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH or on their
- a maximum of 24 take-offs or landings per calendar year in the
course of production of the aircraft industry located at Dresden
– flights of helicopter forces of the police based at Dresden.
– Flights which the aviation supervision office has permitted in justified individual cases because they are necessary to avoid considerable impairment to air traffic or for other reasons of special public interest. The processing of applications is subject to charge. Application forms shall be requested from the aviation supervision office and generally directed in writing (Fax) to the:
Fax: +49 351 881 4992
Luftaufsichtsstelle am Flughafen Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 881 4990
1.4 Para 1.2 and 1.3
1.4.1 A take-off clearance issued by ATC in keeping with the
restrictions applying at night does not include the exceptional
permission required from the responsible authority at Dresden
1.4.2 As a rule, ATC does not issue exceptional permission for
night landings via radiotelephony in keeping with the restrictions
applying at night. Thus the landing clearance issued by ATC for
safety reasons does not include a decision by the responsible
authority as to the admissibility of a night landing. In the case
of a delayed/premature landing which was not permitted by the
responsible authority, the pilot shall proceed in person the the
Aviation Supervision Office (Tel: 0351 8814 990) immediately after
landing in order to justify his night landing.
1.4 Visual approached in accordance with AIP ENR 1.5 to Dresden
Airport with Cat C-E aircraft (in accordance with ICAO Doc 8168
- OPS/611, Volume 1 No. 1.3.2) and a span of equal to/greater
than 24 m (in accordance with ICAO Annex 14 No. 1.3) shall be
restricted as follows to avoid hazards due to wake turbulence
and for reasons of noise reduction. The final approach distance
shall be at least 5 NM. The altitude at the start of the final
approach shall not be less than 2400 ft MSL.