New Ordinance (Portaria) 69/2007 effective July 17, 2007
Regional Secretary of the Environment and the Natural resources, Manuel António Rodrigues Correia
Objective and scope
This regulation provides for operational restrictions related with noise, adequate to the operation in the Madeira Airport, for civil aircraft, between 00:00 and 06:00.
1. In the period between 00:00 and 06:00 the following restrictions apply to the operation in the Madeira Airport:
a) The number of air movements of commercial flights will not be able to exceed 80 movements per week, with a maximum of 31 daily movements;
b) Add to the situations of accented addition of traffic in the height of festive events, the maximum number of movements in the period of Christmas, End of Year, “Carnaval”, Easter and “Festa da Flor” is of 134 per week, with a maximum of 52 daily movements.
2. The authorization of air movements between 00:00 and 06:00 are equally conditional to the levels of noise of the aircraft in use, which must observe the following requirements:
a) The aircraft classified in levels 4, 8 and 16 cannot be scheduled for the period between 02 and 05 hours;
b) Aircraft classified in the levels, 0, 0.5, 1 and 2 are not subjected to restrictions.
3. For the purpose of the previous item:
a) For the purpose of effective perceived noise levels established by ICAO, aircraft are classified as follows:
Level 0 - below 87 EPNdB;
Level 0.5 - 87 to 89,9 EPNdB;
Level 1 - 90 to 92,9 EPNdB;
Level 2 - 93 to 95,9 EPNdB;
Level 4 - 96 to 98,9 EPNdB;
Level 8 - 99 to 101,9 EPNdB;
Level 16 - over 101,9 EPNdB.
Level for take-off = the cert levels for take-off + sideline/2
Level for Landing = approach level -9
b) The noise level classification of an aircraft either at landing or at take-off is given by the values indicated in the aircraft manufacturer’s noise certificate, taking into account the reference points specified in the technical standards applicable to the approach, overflight, take-off and lateral procedures, at full power.
4. The classified aircraft according to described criterion in n.º 3 of the present article, that are authorized to land between 00:00 and 06:00, are forbidden to reverse thrust, right after landing, as long as safe operational conditions are encountered.
1. The contained restrictions of operation in the present regulations are not applied in cases of bigger force, nominated:
a) Aircraft operating humanitarian, emergency or evacuation missions;
b) Aircraft to come across with urgent situations, taking into account weather, technical failure or flight security reasons;
c) Air movements authorized by the National Authority ( INAC) as long as there is recognized public interest, even though they do not meet the restrictions.
d) Air movements subject to an unforeseen schedule alteration due to abnormal disturbance within air traffic control;
e) Air movements operated up to 01:00 which were actually scheduled for periods up to 00:00, due to delays for which neither the airport management authority nor the operator were to blame;
f) Air movements of and for Continental Portugal, of and for the Autonomous Region of the Açores and of and for the Port Saint, due to meteorological conditions;
g) Landings operated during the period comprised between 05:00 and 06:00, due to weather reasons, as far as the arrival had been scheduled for a time after 06:00.
2. The operations carried through for the reasons indicated in the previous number will not be entered for application of nº 1 of the article 2º of the present regulation.
The managing entity of the Airport of Maderia must present to the Regional Secretariat of the Environment and the Natural resources and to the National Institute of Civil Aviation (INAC), in the end of each station IATA, reports of monitoring of the noise that evidence the results of the control of the execution of the settled plans of share for this Airport.
Entry into force
The Ordinance (Portaria) shall enter into force on 17 July 2007.
Signed on 12 July 2007.
Regional Secretary of the Tourism and Transports, Conceição Almeida Estudante