THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY AIRPORT
NOISE ABATEMENT GUIDELINES
The Ohio State University welcomes you to central Ohio. In order
to be a good neighbor, the Airport requests that you follow these
recommended noise abatement guidelines, subject to weather and
AS ALWAYS, FLIGHT SAFETY MUST SUPERSEDE NOISE ABATEMENT GUIDELINES.
• Observe NBAA Noise Abatement Program
• PLEASE FLY NEIGHBORLY. When possible, avoid flying at
low altitudes over noise sensitive areas. Maintain traffic pattern
altitude except on departure or arrival. Use best climb speed
and climb angle upon departure.
• Traffic Pattern Altitude for helicopters: 1500 MSL
• Traffic Pattern Altitude for small aircraft: 1900 MSL
• Traffic Pattern Altitude for jets: 2400MSL
• Use reduced thrust and/or quiet climb procedures when
operationally and safely practicable.
• Use minimum thrust reversing on landing when feasible.
• On approach, fly standard 3-degree glide slope or use
• Arrival-departure pairs should use the same runway heading.
• Engine maintenance run ups prohibited from 10 p.m. to
• Voluntary curfew of Stage 2 jets encouraged between 10
p.m. and 7 a.m.
• Avoid Auxiliary Power Unit usage between 10 p.m. and 7
a.m. and more than 1 hour before flight.
• Touch & goes prohibited between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.
• Low practice approaches prohibited between 11 p.m. and
• Jet training prohibited.