1. The following procedures have been established to avoid excessive
noise to the surroundings of Palm de Mallorca airport.
2. These procedures are applicable to every landing and take-off.
No compliance with these procedures will be cause of sanctions
to aircraft operators.
3. Pilots and ATC may omit these procedures only when requested
by aircraft safety.
4. Operators which can not comply with these procedures shall
submit to the correspondent authority the procedures that may
apply to this purpose for its possible approval.
5. The term night is defined as time period comprised between:
V: 2100-0500, I: 2200-0600
6. Training flights are forbidden at night-time. All training
operations must be undertaken on runway 24R-06L.
7. Departure and arrival paths will be radar monitored and noise
level will be measured for each operation. Location of SIRPA system
noise sensor is shown in the corresponding general chart. This
measurement system works 24 hours a day in automatic form and
disposes of radar data, flight plan and the aircraft position
at every moment for the aircraft idenfication.
8. Changes on the procedures must not be asked for or cleared
till reaching FL60 except propeller aircraft.
9. Runway 06R may be used for arrivals exclusively by propeller
aircraft and at daytime, except in the case or operational contingency.
Runway 24L will not be used for take-off, save for operational
|Cabecera Pista 24L
|| 393310N 0024534E
|Cabecera Pista 24R
| Cabecera Pista 06L
| Can Pastilla
|Coll Den Rabassa
|| 393238N 0023546E
|| 393100N 0023216E
Run-up tests will be only authorized out of night hours. Any other
situation shall be authorized by the airport direction.
Motor tests higher than idle regime will be only permitted in
H1 in taxiway North and are forbidden during night hours.
Noise Abatement Procedures
1. Take-off power. Take-off Flap/Slat
- Accelerate till V2 + 10 kt.
- Climb up to 1500 ft AAL maintaining V2 + 10 kt.
2. At 1500 ft
- Reduce to power of ascent.
- Accelerate til VZF + 10 kt maintaining a minimum climb gradient
of 500 ft/min. VZF: Zero flap minimum safety maneouver speed.
- Retract Flap/Slat according to need.
3. Up to FL60
Not to exceed 250 kt and continue SID in force, except ATC
1. Reverse thrust other than idle thrust can not be used, except
for safety reasons, between the night hours.
2. Landing and approach procedures on visual meteorological conditions
will be performed with an angle equal to or higher than the ILS
GP or PAPI of each runway.
Repeated approaches for training purpose are only permitted from
the airport authority and will be restricted according to air
traffic, complying with local procedures.