***This message is being sent from the Boeing Negotiations team to all SPEEA-represented employees and their managers.***
Jan. 11, 2013
Boeing makes revised contract offer with increased salary pools
Today, Boeing presented a revised contract offer to SPEEA featuring increased salary pools for both engineers and technical employees.
Profs would see salary pools of 5 percent during the first two years of the contract and 4 percent in the last two years. Techs would see salary pools of 4 percent annually for the duration of the contract, with an additional lump sum payment equaling 1 percent of their salary in years one and two.
Under this revised offer, profs would average $85,600 in additional pay and performance-based incentive payments (EIP) over the life of the agreement. Techs would average $61,200 in additional pay and incentive payments.
Throughout these negotiations, our goal has remained the same — a market-leading contract that rewards employees while keeping the company and workforce competitive for future work. We've worked to resolve our differences with the SPEEA negotiations team, withdrawing many proposals that were important to the company. Since our initial offer back in September, we've shown considerable movement by increasing our salary proposal twice and revising our medical proposal to lower paycheck contributions.
We encourage you to visit the negotiations website where you'll find new fact sheets with all the details of the new offer, as well as an updated Pay & Benefits Estimator that shows what the offer means to you.
Boeing and SPEEA's negotiations teams have agreed to continue discussions next Wednesday.
Boeing Negotiations Team:
- Julie-Ellen Acosta, vice president, Human Resources, Commercial Airplanes
- Conrad Ball, Functional Engineering director, Boeing Military Aircraft
- Mark Burgess, chief engineer, Engineering, Operations & Technology
- Mike Delaney, vice president, Engineering, Commercial Airplanes
- Gene Woloshyn, vice president, Employee Relations, Boeing
- Todd Zarfos, vice president, Engineering - Commercial Aviation Services, senior chief engineer of Support