Message to Employees
***This message is being sent from the Boeing Negotiations team to all SPEEA-represented employees and their managers.***
Oct. 31, 2012
Boeing guarantees Ed Wells Partnership funding and classes for first-quarter 2013
Today Boeing negotiators offered an interim arrangement that will enable the Ed Wells Partnership to provide a full schedule of classes in the first quarter of 2013 as we work to reach a new contract. SPEEA agreed to this arrangement in principle. The Ed Wells Partnership expects to issue a new schedule of classes for first-quarter 2013 within the next week.
Boeing withdrew earlier language amending Article 6, "Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave and Family Illness," which SPEEA had expressed as a significant concern among employees.
The Boeing negotiations team stressed that in order to keep these negotiations on track, effort and movement will be required on both sides.
Boeing Negotiations Team:
- Julie-Ellen Acosta, vice president, Human Resources, Commercial Airplanes
- Conrad Ball, Functional Engineering director, Boeing Military Aircraft
- Mike Delaney, vice president, Engineering, Commercial Airplanes
- Gene Woloshyn, vice president, Employee Relations, Boeing
- Todd Zarfos, vice president, Engineering - Commercial Aviation Services, senior chief engineer of Support