Message to Employees
***This message is being sent from the Boeing Negotiations team to all SPEEA-represented employees and their managers.***
Nov. 20 2012
Boeing presents new economic proposals to SPEEA
Today, Boeing presented SPEEA with amended salary and health care proposals. We've spent the past several weeks listening to you and your negotiations team. We've heard what you had to say about our initial offer-and your input is reflected in our new proposals for higher wage pools and lower health care cost-sharing.
We've increased the salary proposals for both engineers and technical employees.
We've also improved our health care proposal. Those improvements include:
- Lower paycheck contributions
- Reduction of deductible
- Reduction of out-of-pocket maximum
- Reduction of HMO copays
- Elimination of hospital copays
We've also responded to concerns the SPEEA negotiations team raised in our initial proposal by either amending or withdrawing the vast majority of those proposals.
These new proposals allow us to reward you for your contributions, while still allowing the company and our workforce to remain competitive for future work. We now hope to engage your SPEEA negotiations team in a meaningful dialogue.
We encourage you to log on to the negotiations website to take a closer look at the new fact sheets for profs and techs. The Pay & Benefits Estimator will help you see exactly what the new proposals mean for you and your family.
At this point, we want all employees to know that the current terms and conditions of employment remain in place as we continue to negotiate. Employees should continue to report for work as normal.
Boeing Negotiations Team:
- Julie-Ellen Acosta, vice president, Human Resources, Commercial Airplanes
- Conrad Ball, Functional Engineering director, Boeing Military Aircraft
- Mark Burgess, chief engineer, Engineering, Operations & Technology
- Mike Delaney, vice president, Engineering, Commercial Airplanes
- Gene Woloshyn, vice president, Employee Relations, Boeing
- Todd Zarfos, vice president, Engineering - Commercial Aviation Services, senior chief engineer of Support