The Boeing Security Monitoring Infrastructure System (SMIS) is a cybersecurity and network situational awareness tool pre-integrated with signature, behavioral, and algorithmic network security and traffic anomaly detectors. Our 11 patents on core technologies make SMIS a uniquely powerful solution to monitor your network environment and provide a robust cyber situational awareness system and tool suite.
SMIS installs on commodity hardware and has been scaled from monitoring small single enclave networks to huge world-spanning interconnected webs of devices. SMIS has been deployed as a simple stand-alone solution and has been integrated into other network operations tools to provide a rich view of the cyber environment in other custom or commercial tools.
SMIS is a combination of:
- Network intrusion detection system (IDS or NIDS)
- Security event management system (SEM, SIM or SIEM)
- Network traffic analysis system (NetFlow)
- Network packet recorder (Network VCR)
- Workflow and trouble ticketing